Today is the day! I’m starting the 3 Day Refresh program from Beachbody. I’ve been doing well with 2 rounds of the 21 Day Fix, losing 16.6 lbs and 10.25″ and staying on track with eating and exercise. This is the first time I can say that I’ve exercised every day since the beginning of the year! I ordered the 3 Day Refresh as a part of a challenge pack with my Shakeology order and decided to use it right before round 3 to make sure I look fabulous in my Valentine’s party dress next week. (I’ll post pictures; don’t worry.)
The 3 Day Refresh is a detox program comprised of nutritious shakes and drinks made by the Beachbody nutritionists to give optimal cleansing to your system. Unlike a juice fast, the drinks provide the right amounts of protein and fiber to help keep you feeling full and not put you body into starvation mode. Aside from the provided shakes and my already owned Shakeology packets, there is a list of fruits, vegetables and healthy fats to eat, as well as a dinner menu to choose from to make this easy. Below is my menu for the next 3 days. After I finish, I’ll post my results and pictures with my honest opinions of how I felt about doing this and if I think I’ll do it again.
A crucial component of this program is to DRINK WATER. Water is so amazing for our bodies, lubricating our organs and tissues inside and out and keeping all our body systems functioning properly, and flushing out toxins. I have a giant bottle of water ready to fill up all day long so that I can flush out my system and feel full between meals. As someone who was not used to being properly hydrated until I started the 21 Day Fix program, this will be a challenge for me to remember to drink all day long.
- Starting my day with WATER
- Breakfast: Cafe Latte Shakeology + 2/3 c blueberries
- Midmorning snack: Fiber Sweep drink
- Lunch: Vanilla Fresh drink + 1/3 c blueberries & 6 strawberries*, salad w/ 1 c lettuce, 1/4 c beets, 2 1/2 Tbs red onion & homemade vinaigrette: 1 tsp coconut oil, balsamic vinegar, chopped herbs
- Midafternoon snack: 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 cup bok choy & 2 Tbs hummus
- Dinner: Vanilla Fresh drink, coconut steamed veggies** (from book) & 1 c organic vegetable broth with chopped cilantro and parsley
Day 2 & 3
All the same as day 1 except:
*sub 1/2 medium apple for berries one of the days
**Day 2 program book recipe: veggie stir fry
**Day 3 program book recips: Moroccan carrot salad